Friday 27 November 2015

Preliminary Task The McGuffin Script -

Preliminary Task -


The McGuffin – 

FADE IN:

In a common industrial site a suspicious looking individual walks across whilst holding a conspicuous briefcase that appears out of the ordinary for the attire of the individual.

CUT / FADE TO:

INT. AN INDUSTRIAL AREA – OUTSIDE – DAY

CARRIER, scruffy individual, shady appearance, carrying an out of place briefcase.

CARRIER
(On phone) I’m at the meeting place, where are you? (Looks down and sees a bag on the floor)… You want me to put the bag on?..(Puts bag over head)

INT. MEETING ROOM – TIME UNKNOWN

SUITED MAN, smart appearance, official looking, powerful, appears to be anticipating the arrival of something or someone. 

CARRIER
(Already sat down,Bag off head)

SUITED MAN
…Do you have it?

CARRIER
Yes… Do you have what we agreed upon? (SUITED MAN passes envelope)
Where’s the rest? This isn’t what we agreed upon!

SUITED MAN
You’ll get the rest after your next job. That is what we ‘agreed upon’.

CARRIER
I’ll take all of my money now or I’ll walk!

SUITED MAN
I’m sure your dear mother wouldn’t appreciate that answer. (Sly smile)

CARRIER
(Scowl) Fine. (Places briefcase on the table {pause} slides the briefcase across)

SUITED MAN
(Checks the contents, approves, slides across second envelope) This is your next assignment; you may leave now.

CARRIER
Wait, I can’t keep doing this, I can’t keep doing these jobs for you.

SUITED MAN
You don’t have a choice, Kate Fur. (KATE looks distressed)

END SCENE

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry but I can't see the link to the film preliminary task with an evaluation… please ensure every thing is correctly labelled to ensure good navigation through the blog..

    ReplyDelete